Monday, November 13, 2017

"Living The Braveheart Life" January 14, 2016

A 2015 Christmas present from my mom, I read this book and made this post January 14, 2016.

“We may lose this house,' I said, as much to myself as to God, 'Maybe my sons won’t grow up in a big place with four bedrooms and three bathrooms and a swimming pool. Maybe we’ll have to go live in a house like I grew up in, with two bedrooms and one bathroom. But it didn’t hurt me; it was a happy place.’

Now, prayers that work, in my experience, are the ones that bring us to listen as well as we speak, and in my prayer I was hearing something. Still, I knew where my greatest fear lay.

‘What really matters to me now, Lord, is what happens with my sons. And if it’s best for them to grow up without plenty – if wealth is a danger to them instead of a privilege – then please make that happen. Help me show them what a man does when he gets knocked down, the way my Father showed me –‘"
 

An excerpt from the book “Living the Braveheart Life: Finding the Courage to Follow Your Heart” by Randall Wallace


No comments:

Post a Comment